Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pacemaker????

I'm going to post about my mom and I'll let Lori post about what we've been doing.  She is way better at the details...my brain is fried!

Mom has a pacemaker!  Crazy, I know!  Let's see...today is Saturday...We left AZ on Friday and Mom left Flagstaff on Thursday.  Thursday afternoon she was told that if insurance would pay, then she would be transferred to Tucson University Hospital where there is an electrophysiocardiologist (I'm sure that this is spelled wrong!).  Basically this is a heart electrician.  So within a couple hours, she was in an ambulance headed for Tucson!  Dad, Lori and I were left with our heads spinning.  We had to figure out what to do next!  Lori and I hadn't even looked at the map to make the final decisions about the ride home!

I called Mom Friday morning to find out how the trip went and she said it was long (especially trying to use a bed pan in the ambulance!).  AND she said that they were putting a pacemaker in that afternoon.  Mom's only concern was Dad arriving in time!  Not a problem!

I've talked with her a couple of times.  She is doing really well.  They are monitoring the pacemaker over the weekend and she'll probably go home on Tuesday!

We feel pretty blessed that many of mom's prior problems have been fixed!  YEAH!  She is doing well!

Thanks for all the prayers!  Carrie

PS...Dad is doing really well too!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carrie,sounds like you have had quite a trip. I am glad your mom is going to be o.k. Can't wait to hear the first hand details. lol Have a safe trip home and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete