Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pizza is Ordered, The Wine is Poured

So we have had a wonderful couple of days!  We are now in Flagstaff and I am just reveling in the smell of pine, the mountains all around and the cooler temperatures. We have driven through bayou, ranch land, desert, scrub and forest.  I LOVE IT!!!!!
Yesterday I visited our home and the school from my elementary days.  Lori forced me (not that she would have done that in her girlhood home!) knock on the door.  No one was there but we stood around the yard like stalkers for a while.  Then over to the elementary school where I expected to smell mimeo fluid!  Lori had to listen to me point to things and tell what we did there and who was there and all that stuff that zings back into your brain when you start remembering.
We drove down the main drag and I had to choose between 2 of my favorite restaurants of those days:  Smitty's BBQ or Leos.  We went for Leos and enjoyed yummy Mexican food and more talking about the stuff I did as a kid.  (Poor Lori...)

Next stop was Deming, NM where my brother and sister-in-law are living.  Rick is an electrician who is installing solar panels in different sites around NM.  He and Sharon are living like nomads and enjoying every minute of it!  The solar site was really cool!  I'm so proud of him!!!

Next stop was Tucson where my parents live.  We enjoyed a great nights sleep and a soak in their pool this morning.  We ate more Mexican food at one of our favorite dives called Nico's!  Super yummy!!

The pizza should be here shortly and we will pour another glass of wine and zonk out!  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?  (Actually, I do...my mom and dad will join us for a couple night!  yeah!)

1 comment:

  1. I totally would have loved this day. I could have put some images in my mind to match some stories. I so want to knock on the door of the old house we lived in but I don't have the courage. I am glad you did it! I wish they would have been home. That would have been an awesome story! Miss You!

    ReplyDelete