Saturday, June 18, 2011

What to read? What to eat?

Carrie and I are going to the library today to have our first argument. (Just kidding! That was for Laura who thinks we are going to have lots of arguments.) We are in search of the perfect audio books to keep us entertained while we drive. We like similar books, but I hope the library has some titles we are interested in. I was there the other day and was less than inspired by the audio collection. I'm thinking we may want to head to the younger reader section, since we both love children's fiction. (That could be because we both act like we're 12 years old. We're gonna have so much fun on this trip!!!) Oh, yeah! I ordered the audio version of the Janet Evanovich book that comes out on Tuesday. It'll be here before we leave!! Sweet!

We have also been throwing ideas back and forth about what to snack on in the car. Carrie's been doing Weight Watchers and I've been doing "The Belly Fat Cure." (For the last week, I've been doing the "eat everything in sight" cure. I've been sick, you know.) I'll be contributing the high protein, low carb, low sugar snacks and Carrie will be providing the low cal snacks. We're thinking lots of nuts (for the nuts), baked chips, dark chocolate from Trader Joe's with no sugar (sooo good!), veggies and dried fruit. And coffee out the butt. If anybody has some brilliant suggestions, we'd love to hear them!

4 comments:

  1. In honor of the cross country aspect of the trip combined with the children's lit affinity, i think you should go for reading each other the classic (in my family at least) Babysitter's Club Cross- Country Trip/Travel the USA (don't remember the exact title). And at every gas station stop you should sample the local ice cream bar/popsicle favorites. We did that and discovered root beer creamsicles not too far from the grand canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have listened to a bunch of Clive Cussler books in the car. They're pretty good. I recommend the one with the train on the front, not sure what the name is. As for eating, I would recommend Cheeze-its b/c they're my favorite, but not really in either of your plans. Special K crisps are really good and I looooove trail mix. Luna bars are healthy and a good protein filled snack. :) Have fun ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh--eating! Well--why don't you theme your eating?! Google "good eats" in each state and that's what you snack on in each state...OR you only eat snacks that start with the first letter of the state you're in! I know-- crazy! :-)
    Books on tape-- maybe you should write your own book on the road! You guys are both FULL of personality and have tons of great and crazy stories to tell and whacky people in your lives to talk about! HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME GIRLS!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sharon for mentioning Baby Sitters Club.
    I also love Harper's idea of making your own audio book.
    Wine is low carb and can be low cal. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete