Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Somethings DO suck

Mom and Dad joined us yesterday afternoon and mom was a mess.  Her ability to communicate was severely impaired. After re-hydrating and a snack she was much better but once we were all headed to bed to enjoy our novels, she really was messed up.  Her cognition was severely lacking.  With the help of Lori's sister's advice (she is a pharmacist), we headed for the ER.  It has been determined that her electrolytes were extremely low.  After a bolus of saline etc, she was almost normal (whatever that is).  She spent the night in the hospital and is so much better.  She is better than I've seen here in a while!  Crazy!  The aren't thrilled that her electrolyte levels aren't returning to normal as fast as they'd like so she will spend the night again tonight.  She is so mad that she is stuck in a hospital in Flagstaff on my birthday!  Well I understand that but I'm so relieved that she isn't stroking out on us that I can overlook that fact!

Lori, Dad, and I visited mom this morning then we did a quick run through of Downtown Flagstaff.  We ate lunch (beer and margaritas were involved), therefore we came back to the townhouse for naps!  We will head back out to visit with mom and eat dinner at a burger joint called Bunhuggers - yummy!  I'm hoping for a drive to Sunset Crater to - get this - watch the sunset!

Keep Mom (and Dad too) in your prayers!  We love the comments from our friends!

Carrie

2 comments:

  1. your mommy is in my prayers! i hope you were able to make it out for dinner with her

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying this blog! Keep it up! what a great adventure you two are having! I am glad this is possible for you and only a little jealous. Keeping Carrie's parents in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete