Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Priorities

Carrie's mom is still in the hospital. They aren't ready to discharge her yet and Carrie's dad is working to get her discharged from the hospital in Flagstaff so that he can take her to the hospital in their town of Oro Valley, near Tucson. Carrie and her dad, Dick, are visiting mom, Carol, now. I decided that they'd be more comfortable visiting with her without me hanging around.

I'm relaxing at the condo, contemplating going over to the pool. I imagine my sunblock is not going to save me from a sunburn, which is kind of motivating in itself. I only tan if I get burned in the process. (I can hear my Aunt Wendy chewing me out now.) I finished my book last night and am ready to start a new one. I love Dan Brown books. "The Lost Symbol" did not disappoint. Fantastic! I'm getting ready to start "Traveling with Pomegranates," by Sue Monk Kidd. She's the author of "The Secret Life of Bees," which I loved. We'll see how this one is.

We've put our sightseeing on hold while Carol is in the hospital. Her health is the priority right now. We want to be near so that visits are easy and we are available if need be. If we get the chance, our plan is to go to Jerome, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon and Slide Rock. We'd better check and see if there is any water at Slide Rock, though. My guess is that there is not water! It's dry as a bone around here.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, Reiki, healing thoughts, and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment